Monday, June 16, 2008

So, with Laurel now passed out from heat and lack of sleep, we head to the car. It is 4:30 and we have about 4.5 hours in front of us to get home! We get to the car and Fred discovers the melting of the crayons! What a mess! He was cleaning it up, which out of his frustration, partially included throwing crayon’s out of the car behind him, when Chloe walked over with a helpful hand of wipes. She about cried bc he didn’t see her and threw a green melted crayon on her. At first all she saw was green on her hand. She just said, “What is this!” Once I told her what it was, she laughed. But it was on her skin, hair and clothing! Got her clean while Fred finished the car… finally everyone in the car and we are headed home!


10:30 arrival at home and Fred puts everyone in bed. I had all the dirty clothing in one bag, so I started the stinky laundry. I wanted to get 1.5 loads done before bed. I unpacked everything and put away stuff while it ran. I cleaned the car and got ready for VBS the next morning. I started to pull stuff out of the wash and discovered 3 crayons! I was so frustrated! I noticed they looked like some from a restaurant on Friday night. I found Anabelle’s shorts and sure enough they were stashed in them! Anabelle! I fell to the floor and wanted to cry, but laughed until I about wet my pants. How else should the 104 degree day end! So, I have to shake everything to get them all out, wipe down the washer and go after that load again. After that finished, I threw it in the dryer… started the next stinky load and sat down to clean up emails! I opened the dryer and some how 1 crayon got in there! It was on everything! So, back to washing that again, after Shouting everything and oxi cleaning it all! Finally I got that one load clean, 3 washings later!
Crawled into bed…..ahhhhhhhh I already hear the alarm!

1 comment:

The Henrie Family said...

You have me so excited to take our girls next week! Looks like a successful family trip! :)