Monday, June 16, 2008

The answer is: 104 degrees




The answer is: 104 degrees
What is the question?

At what temperature do the “fat” crayons melt in the car and get all over the car seat?

I’ll come back to how we discovered that, and other interesting facts about crayons later!

Finally our first summer of 2008 vacation! We took the kids to Sea World over the weekend. It was so much fun. My mom and sister and brother in law joined us as well! We left at 5am Friday morning, in order to get there at 10am. 5am slowly turned more into 5:30ish. Anyway, I was busy packing, cleaning(in case the house was to show) and finishing up VBS preparations! Before I knew it, the clock said 4:00 am! I realized then I had missed my opportunity for sleep! So, I just kept moving. I finished loading stuff in the car, took a shower and woke Fred up around 4:45. We finally got all the kids and dog in the car and were at my moms around 5:30 am. We dropped the dog off and all headed to San Antonio. The kids had asked for days when we would see “Shampoo” aka, Shamu! Chloe was very excited! Needless to say, none of the kids fell asleep after the 5am wakeup call! I was shocked. I dosed off a few times, but nothing meaningful. Most of the time I just kept my eyes closed as Fred would say, “Girls, be quiet bc mommy is trying to sleep.” Finally we arrived at Sea World. We had to lather up in sun screen and get everyone inside. It was so exciting. It was warm, but there was a terrific overcast that lasted almost the entire day. It wasn’t too crowded, so that was a plus! The first thing we did was see the dolphins. They were so playful and the kids were in awe. It was just a perfect beginning to the day….

No comments: