Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Happy 1st week birthday!






On Monday Corbin turned one week old! Can you believe it! We can't. Time flies when you are getting no sleep:)
Actually his is good. He sleeps pretty much all the time. Seems to be a Sparks thing! Count my blessing on that!
He is so sweet. I know people say that babies can't smile this young. But he smiles all the times. And is so cute. It is amazing(and crazy) to have a little baby in the house again! This evening it was just me, Laurel, Anabelle and Corbin. I lined all 3 up for a diaper change. It is amazing how big a bottom can get in just 15 months! Amen to all my girlfriends out there!:)
Seriously. Just having the kids lying down next to each other, it is amazing to see what God does in such a short amount of time.
Laurel and Anabelle just look at Corbin. Chloe has been giving him a bottle every once in a while. She did say the other day..."Mommy, you don't need anymore babies in your tummy. We have a lot of babies already!" You never know what she is going to say.
We did have a crazy first few days home. Monday, Corbin's birthday, was spent from 1-4:45 at the doctor/hospital for a follow up on his jaundice. We had to draw the blood at the dr office and then take it to the lab at the hospital to get it back the same day. So I had to go through admission(which took almost an hour and a half) and then find the lab. Seriously, I was told by 3 different people, 3 different places to drop it off. All of them wrong. In the mean time, mom is driving around with Laurel and Anabelle in the car because we thought we would be done in an hour. Chloe is with me and wants a nap. It was great fun.
Then Sunday night and Monday night, Chloe was up coughing. Fred had to deal with that all night because I was up feeding Corbin. He was pretty tired.
So we think we are in the clear....then Laurel woke up so sad on Tuesday morning. Mom got up with her and finally came in my room and broke the news...she thought Laurel had an ear infection. I looked at her and almost cried. I hated Laurel in pain, but also couldn't imagine making everyone go to the dr again(We all have to go bc I can't drive yet).
So I called Fred with my plea. He met mom at the drs office while I stayed home with the kids. Sure enough, ear infection. This is our first out of 4 kids in almost 4 years. So we were surprised. She was so sad and miserable all day. But today you would have thought we all had a new bill of health.

The picture I am attaching is on Corbin's birthday(the ones of him alone).
Isn't he a cutie pie!

Oh ya...Fred gave Corbin a bath tonight. He said the funniest thing as Corbin peed in the tub..."This reminds me of the scene in a League of Their Own when Tom Hanks is peeing forever." First...sad he knows that movie:) But I died laughing. I have never seen so much tinkle in my life...Chloe has nicknamed him the tinkle monster.
Laurel = the cuddle monster
Anabelle = the giggle monster
herself(Chloe) = the helper monster
All very suitable names..

No comments: