Tuesday, October 10, 2006

And Baby makes 6



Yes! HE has arrived. Corbin Roy Sparks entered our lives and our hearts at 12:18pm on October 9th 2006. He arrived about 2 weeks early, but we were expecting him. Weighing in at 7lbs 14 ounces and 21 inches long, he is one handsome guy!
He has dark hair with some beautiful blond highlites. His eyes are a deep clue and remind us of the first time we saw Chloe! He has sweet cheeks and lips! We laugh because neither Fred or I have lips, so we don't know where he got them! He is very very pink and warm. About the warmest baby I have ever held! He has big feet, which leads me to the naming of the newest Mr. Sparks.

Up until 12:30, we did not have a boy name picked out(or agreed on). We started surgery on time, at 12:00pm. By 12:02, we were well on our way to meeting the newest Sparks' addition. At 12:18 we heard that beautiful cry...you have heard it before...that cry that means new life is in the air! Then the next thing we hear is, "It's a boy! It's definitely a boy!" I looked at Fred and his eyes said it all. I then saw this little guy go past me, only to get s fast glance that he was 'definitely' a boy, and laid down in his little clear crib. Fred gave me a kiss and walked over to him. He stood there and watched the nurses do their work. The weighing, cleaning and then cutting of the umbilical cord. It was the first time Fred got to do that. I in the mean time am tilting my head as hard as I can to see what is going on and crying tears of joy. My dr. asks me how I am and I say fine. He then says, "What do you think about having a boy?" I said, "Well, I think he doesn't have a name!" About then, with my OBs nurse holding my hand, my son is held up so I can get a good look at him. It was at that very moment I realized.....I really wanted a boy. Until then, I didn't think I "really" wanted a boy. However, I didn't think I didn't want a boy either. It is an unexplainable feeling. But all of a sudden the world felt just right and perfect to me.
Fred sat down next to me and they handed our son to us. We held him and looked at him. I looked up at Fred and said, "He is your son. You can name him." Now, take into consideration I was on a lot of drugs. But I did feel like he should have this honor. They put him back into his little clear bed. Fred said, "What should his middle name be? Roy or Dale?" My father's name was Roy Dale. So we had always said we would like to name a child after him. For those of you that knew my dad, you knew he was very tall and had big feet. So we glance over and our little boy is kicking his foot in the air. Fred looks at his foot and says, "He looks like he has big feet! I think he will be a Roy."
So we named him Corbin Roy Sparks! And he is perfect in every way.
God has blessed us again with a a healthy and beautiful baby! Baby Boy that is!

1 comment:

Mom N' Dad said...

wouldn't baby make 6?

Brandy and Chad