Friday, July 30, 2010

Just going to lay back and live today!

Well, Wednesday started out as a normal day. Well as normal as any day for my busy little family. Fred headed off to work and I got moving. The first thing we needed to do was head to Costco and do that by 9:30a. Then we needed to get to speech therapy for Savannah by 11:00a. That all seemed totally reasonable. I got up and made pancakes, bacon, cut fresh fruit and made some glasses of chocolate milk, water and yogurt drinks. All the kids loved it. I was trying to think of the last week day we got to have such a fun breakfast and take our time! Savannah ate a ton and that always makes me so happy!
So, I bet it was about 9:15 when we were done eating. I thought about it and decided Costco could wait. I told Laurel and Anabelle and Corbin to hop in the bath. I couldn't remember the last bath they had! I need to just bring soap to the pool:) So they had a good time in there while I followed Savannah around the house and cleaned up some. The 3 middle kids made a nice mess in the bathroom. I made a few phone calls and then switched out kids. Savannah got in and was playing while I cleaned up the mess from the other kids. The phone rang and I talked to someone for a bit. I got Savannah out of the bath and saw it was already 10:50. We needed to be at therapy in 10 minutes! She had a little cold as well. So, I had her rapped in a towel and she was giggling and babbling. We were point to my nose we were mimicking.. we were doing all the therapy things she does.. so I called and CANCELED! I rescheduled for later in the week that was totally not convenient for me. But I wasn't about to break up this chance of interaction! It was great.
Finally around noon the other kids came in and asked when we were going to therapy. I told them we skipped it. They totally looked at me like I was crazy! I wanted to also try and go to Gardenridge. So, we jumped in the car. I asked Chloe to get everyone a granola bar and a lemonade. We all had a little snack until we got there.
(This was a bar stool I really liked, but I need 6 of them!)
Once there I let everyone sit on EVERY chair. Lay on EVERY bed. Put feather boas on. Pretend that a furry box was the monster from Monsters, Inc. Corbin shouted when he would see a particular door because he said it was the door from Monsters, Inc! I really went off the deep end when I died laughing at all the kids because they were modeling the coconut bras they found while I was looking for a butter dish(Fred broke mine AGAIN!)
(Chloe thinks this a cool pose)
It was about 12:45 and my mom called to see where another store was. She was near by so she stopped in. I didn't tell the kids, so when they saw her in the store they thought it was the craziest thing ever! I love how excited they get to see her like they NEVER see her(because they see her almost every day!)... So they wanted to take her back through this huge store and show her all the stuff again. So we did it all over again.
(Anabelle wants this swivel chair)
I bought a few things and said, "Guys do you all want to go out to lunch?" They thought I was crazy. We don't usually go out to lunch! We went to Jack and The Box and they said, "Mom..are we really going to go inside?" I said, "Yes!" And they all got very excited! To add to it, i bought them ALL a kids meal. We usually split something big and do pay for the toy and drink. Water seems to work fine with my kids! You would have thought it was Christmas! It was cracking me up! And then time to pick the drinks. I told them they could have ANY drink they wanted except the 2 diet drinks! Their eyes were huge! And then I hear..."Can I really get a Root Beer?" I said, "Go for it!" So the 4 kids sat at a table and ate. The toy was a book, each different. They loved the books. Mom and I sat with Savannah. I know my kids were a little louder then usually let them, but this was a whatever goes day. So sorry to anyone that we might have bothered!
We got home around 2:45 and I laid Savannah and Corbin down. But just before I did, Corbin said.."Mom I had a lot of fun with you today!"
Me too... Some days you need to just say, "Whatever goes!" I know I needed a day like that..but I didn't realize just how much all my kids needed that, especially Savannah!

No comments: