Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy 4th of July

We celebrated the 4th of July for the first time in our new home!


Savannah was of course dressed for the part. She loved the day. She ran around getting a lot of attention from everyone.



Laurel and her friend Carson played, ate and watched the fireworks! We had about 40 people over, between friends and family. It was just a perfect evening.


I had my family, my mom and both of my sisters, complete with their families! Then add all my other family that lives near by and some of our closest friends. Just made me smile to see them all together!


I didn't hear about this picture...so I am assuming it was just an interesting angel!


Man, so many smiles.. and the watermellon makes it all just perfect!


Friends, family, new and old....




I think that is what the 4th of July really reminds me of. I think of the old and the new. How each generation will lead the next, good or bad. There was once a generation of people who were so proud to be Americans. So proud that they fought for our freedom. Some of that has been passed on to the next generation. But some of it has been "lost in translation". I think we have lost that sense of smell, that "fresh freedom in the air" smell.

I realize fire works are symbolic in many ways. The lights, just like a war in countrtes far away. The celebration of victory in the sky. But the smell. Smells, to me, are what bring a memory or a feeling back. I can smell that burnt smell. The "gun powder". There were people who endured that and still do today for me. For my children. They don't even know our names, but are willing to do that.

What do I do in return? Well, honestly, not enough. But what I can say is that I am thankful for them. I admire them, old, new alive and dead. I pray for them. And I vote for them.

God has blessed this Country.

Thank you!

This verse comes to mind

Psalms 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the Earth
Worship the Lord with gladness; come into his presence with singing.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
We are his people and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him, bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endureth forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.


No comments: