Sunday, September 07, 2008

Not about the kids!

Well, kind of. I know I usually am posting about my kids. I mean with 4 of them and 1 waiting to arrive, there is always something going on! But I am sitting at home this morning with Chloe bc she was sick last night. Fred went on to church with the little ones. So, I am thinking about blessings in my life. There are the very obvious ones and then the ones that show up out of no where. First, is the obvious one of my husband. Although my CLOSE friends and mom and sisters know he can drive me crazy sometimes...:)... he is truly a blessing. Right now I am thankful for his dedication to our family. He doesn't stop trying to help us survive. Survive in the sense of spiritually, emotionally, financially and more. 10 years ago, he would have NEVER stayed up to help me clean the house, till midnight. But having it on the market requires a lot of work, and he was vacuuming at midnight just the other day! Thank you! Then there is the financially. Well of course he works everyday! But to watch him find a way to make sure we can pay for private school, it is amazing. Some people don't understand why we would put the "stress" on ourselves. But for us it isn't a choice. It is the best decision for our kids. He has amazed me at how hard he works to make sure we can do this. To go outside the "box" to be able to give our kids something we both feel very strong about. Not just a private school. But a Christian, truly Christian, education and experience. What a blessing.
And then, to watch the Lord bless him and us in all of this. Obviously we can't be the ones doing it, but we can't also just sit around waiting for the Lord to drop it in our hands. He wants us to go out and strive and work hard...and in return he has blessed us abundantly! Thank you!
Now me... the blessings I have seen come to me and my family. I remember thinking not too long ago...I have a lot of friends.. but not a lot of close friends. Not a lot of friends I can call on when I am in need for help. Help usually meaning.. can you juggle a kid for me! With various friends moving and such, life changes(HOLLY PRATHER...THANKS:) Just kidding:) In return, I felt like I also wasn't able to help other friends.. When your God given roll in life is that of a "care taker", it feels wrong to not be able to help others all the time! Anyway, it is something I prayed about. For the Lord to show me how this is suppose to work. I sometimes would feel like me showing up with all 4 of my kids for a play date with 1 kid, well a little overwhelming for some! Anyway, I have been blessed beyond once again. Just when I thought, how am I going to be able to attend anything at school for Chloe(and I SO wanted to be the room mom...but a dear friend said...DON'T DO IT! NOT THIS YEAR!) or how am I going to be able to make it to all these ob appts without all 4 kids always in by my side! My mother helps Fred and I way beyond anyone I know. We all love it. But I HATE to ask her all the time! Of course the Lord answered. He sent me such loving wonderful mothers. To have a friend call, when she doesn't even know my need...and ask to bring Chloe home for the afternoon! I mean, BLESSING! And another friend who is so willing to let Chloe come home for a few hours, just so I can get my little ones a decent nap, before yet another drs appt! And to have an old friend that offers all the time to come with her 1, to watch my 4...to want to miss something so important, to help me when baby 5 arrives... nothing like a friend. It is moments like those...friends like that...that remind me, I do have those dear friends.
So thank you to my dear friends. Not just for bailing me out when I need it! But for just being dear friends. My prayer is I am a dear friend back!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Williams said...

Such a great post! Thanks for sharing :)