Thursday, September 25, 2008

1st post

So I started the entire blog 2 years ago! I was just 3 weeks away from having Corbin! My entire "Original" purpose was to be able to post some pictures of him and all the fun info about him. I thought it would be easier this way, then trying to access to my email and emailing everyone! I didn't intend for it to take on a life of its own! But I am glad it did. So, here I am....we are... 1 week away from having another baby. I constantly wonder, "Who is this baby?" "How does this baby fit into our family?" Only questions that will be answered once he/she arrives. The kids are beside themselves excited. I had blown off the idea of L&A needing any direction about becoming big sisters, bc they already are. But as time has gone on, I realize Corbin is probably more like a "triplet" born 15 months late, then a little brother. Not to mention he is as big as the girls! So, they really are ready, at 3, to be little mommies.
Here are some of the things I hear lately
Anabelle-> "Mommy I am going to change the babies diapers!"
Laurel-> "Mommy I want to read hers a book and tell her night night."
Anabelle-> "Mommy, I am going to wake up in the morning time and check on the baby but be very quiet!"
Chloe-> "Mommy, I want to feed the baby and hold the baby. And I want to hold the baby standing up and walking!"
Corbin-> When he is tired of people touching my tummy or talking about the baby, he takes my shirt and pulls it down as far as he can and says, "Baby go night night!" Or he zurburts my tummy!

So, 1 week out. We have most everything, I think. You would think by now I would know what we need. But part of me thinks, we need very little. The other part thinks of all the things we had for all the other kids! Most important item, we have the craddle that all of my children have slept in, out and ready to go. My 2 sisters and I slept in it, my cousins, my nephew, my dad and my grandmother.

After this baby we will carefully put it away as we anxiously await a William's baby to arrive(my little sister and her husband!). I look at it, and it is pretty, old and so simple. The outside of it means nothing. Just wicker and paint. But it is what is on the inside. It is what lays right in the middle. It makes me think of the Bible, at least tonight. Maybe that is bc mine is sitting beside it. But the outside is just a case. It is nothing special. Maybe leather. Pink in my case. If it gets marked on or so forth, it doesn't change what is inside. The words He has inside are what matters. They are the same for everyone to read. Just like a baby in a craddle is the same for each mom to love. But just as the Bible leads and touches our lives in such differnt ways, so does a sweet baby.
I pray that I can always remember to love this baby in the way He designed him/her. Unique and special...and specific for our family. To be thankful for one more mouth to feed, one more person to hug, one more child to loose sleep over in difficult days, one more precious voice to hear, "I wuv you!", one more child given to me with the 1 expectation that we share His word with that sweet baby. That we live and teach enough to ensure we have done everything we can for the salvation of our sweet child!

Ok, off to bed.....

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Williams said...

Amen and Hallelujah!