Tuesday, August 26, 2008

INTERNET FRAUD

Well, it was bound to happen. I finally was a victim of internet fraud! I have shopped online for years and have never had an issue. And now...it hits.
I searched and searched for just the right backpack for sweet Bubba! I mean, he really needed something that said, "I am a boy...I don't need anymore pink in my house!" So I found this!(PS: The CrazyDazy, which I got the pics off of is in no way part of this problem. I don't know anything about this company, 1 way or another)


I was so excited! I ordered it in time to have in for Corbin's official first day of school, Thursday! I kept trying to track the order on their website, and could get no information. I called them, emailed them over and over. I was charged for the items. Finally today I was getting a little anxious. I started to research the company a bit. I found item after item that stated consumers never recieved their items and where charged! I was so mad! I called my bank to find out how to handle this, and they told me. My mother actually found out the shop she monograms in, had the lunch box. So I went ahead and got that from her. I went to the brand's website and pulled lists of "retailers" in the area. I just called one after another. Finally, I think it was like #25, I hit the right store! They had it! It actually was the Kid to Kid resale shop in Plano! And then on top of it, I remembered I had credit there from bringing in a few bags of clothing to resale, last year! So, I threw the kids in the car and rushed over! I was so excited and the owner was so nice to me! And, I didn't have to spend too much on it bc of the credit! How perfect!
So, Mr. Corbin will look so darling off to school! With his packpack as he calls it, and munch box as Anabelle calls it.... Of course, I was slow in getting a nap mat, so it looks like he will be taking Chloe's old one! Luckily it is not pink. Just red! Uncle Neal will approve!
So here is my warning.. watch out! In the mean time... we found this information. I of course had to call the number at 11:45pm their time... just to make myself feel better!
from another consumer-
'I made a $103 purchase on June 14th and it is now July 27th and I have still not received it. Believe me I am making Dan Corkery's (owner) life a living..... Did a little research on the company and found out the following info:

D&S Giftware (mookiegifts.com and peanutgallerygifts.com)
Owner: Dan Corkery
Home Phone: 573-814-0601
Home Fax: 573-814-1760
Home Address: 8000 N. Marigold, Columbia, MO 65202
Dan's Day Time Job: Vision Works (visionworks.com)

The biz address on the website is a Post Office Box @ a UPS Store. I have submitted a complaint with the BBB, E-mailed him @ his work, e-mailed his co-workers to warn them that they work with a thief and have called his home phone. I encourage everyone that has been scammed to do the same! '


So, if you are bored:)

No comments: