Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day... Smiles and tears

>
Monday started the week with a back to school Worship day. It was so amazing. I just felt so at peace by the end of the night that we had made the right decision to be at our school. There were so many options around us. And so many of them terrific schools. There were different things that pulled us to each school...but in the end, we both know that our kids are at the right school. I questioned our choice off and on during the summer. Various things came to mind, but the families we are with and the people we are around.....the Lord's hand is all over this decision. When you make a decision and you truly feel that way, it is just an amazing feeling.

So then we head into Wednesday morning. Chloe was so excited the night before she couldn't sleep. The last thing I told her was, "Sweetie, if you don't go to sleep you are going to be so tired in the morning!"

So, Fred and I got up and had breakfast and everything ready for her....I walked into her room...video camera in hand(ill post it later) and the first thing she said, "Mommy, you were right, I am tired!" I laughed and assured her she would perk up! So dressed in her precious uniform that she had talked about all summer, she headed downstairs. She lit up when she saw her official PCA breakfast! I loved making it for her and she was grinning!




We got the little kids up and just got them dressed.


Fred and I took separate cars and got to school. Mom took the little kids for me to McDonald's so we could enjoy dropping Chloe off alone. But before we got out of the car, the girls and Corbin said a prayer for Chloe. It was precious. Of course I cried.

Fred, Chloe and I held hands as we crossed the street to her building. It was like crossing a threshold! It was a step that will precede all the steps she will take from this point forward! We got in the door and saw all the parents dropping kids off. It was so fun to see such happy faces. I expected to see more tears from kids...but they really all looked happy...maybe a little scared...but smiling! So off we went to find her class. We stood outside the door and the 3 of us knelt down and prayed. Fred prayed for Chloe to have courage and strength. He prayed for her education and her teachers. It was such an amazing touch to the morning. It wasn't planned, it was just meant to be. She just looked at us and smiled. She thanked me for signing her up for Kindergarten! Kisses and hugs, she walked in her room. Set her backpack down and started doing her thing! I was crying and holding it together. She kept telling me...don't cry! I know it is happy cry mommy!



So off Fred and I went to a little "Boohooo/Yahoo" breakfast. It was fun to mingle with the parents and hang out with Fred. I stopped by the office to drop something off and saw Chloe's class head up the stairs to another room. It was amazing. It hit me. All day long she will do stuff I have no idea is going on. Things she won't tell me and I won't think to ask! Ahhhhhh. It is like taking the calendar away from someone after 5.5 years of planning! I headed to McDonald's to get the little ones. They had a great time and thought it was such a treat!

The little kids and I came home. We made a special cake for her and Ribs for dinner. She was so excited to invite her Aunt GiGi and Uncle Neal...and of course Ninny to dinner!

We picked her up and the little kids were screaming her name as she walked up to the car! She had so many things to tell me about the day, but mainly they learned the "rules!"


I thought that was it for the emotions. What I didn't realize was how hard the second day would be for me! I went in her room to wake her up, and she wasn't there! Her bed was made and she was dressed and in her bathroom! I couldn't believe it. We ate and left. Today was the first day she would be walking into the school without me. We sat in line, and again the little kids and I prayed. We pulled up and the teacher opened the door. There she went. She just got out of the car and went. I did remind her to kiss me! I asked the teacher if there were people to tell her where her room was. She said plenty! I saw her walking, back to me. Another little girl walked up and they were talking. I was BALLING! I mean couldn't see, pull over balling! Corbin was laughing and clapping. L&A said, "Mommy, you have to be a happy mommy!" What is wrong! I promised them I was happy and just being silly! They believed me:) I called my sister and she couldn't even understand me. Just 2 minutes before I was on the phone with her and fine! I got myself together and we headed home with a few stops for errands.

Picking her up was so much fun today! Again, her fan club was screaming her name!

I just can't believe all of this. You would think we have 5 years to prepare, but it felt like 5 minutes!




Well, the first day of Kindergarten has come and gone! In a flash, we went from supervised walks to the mailbox, to walking all the way to our classroom on our own! How did this happen!


colossians 3:17

17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


No comments: