Thursday, May 29, 2008

We have the outfit.. and if you have the outfit, you must go!

I bought Chloe’s uniforms today. It finally hit me.. not so much where she is going to school, but that she is really starting real school. 5 days a week, all day. I am so not ready. But she is! She is going to be so excited to try on her “school clothes.” As I was picking what pieces I thought she would wear, I kept picturing her in them. Going down a hall with friends I don’t know everything about. Going on a field trip that, oh I hope not, I may not be able to attend. That means she would be in someone else’s car. That means when she isn’t sure if she can eat something it will be someone else to determine it. That means if she has to go to the bathroom, it will be someone else’s job to make sure she safely comes back to the group. That means when another child asks her to do something, it will be her job and someone else’s to make the right choice!
Ok, I am so not ready for this.

“Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord. Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children.” Lamentation 2:10

Oh Lord… Please be in my child’s life. You can be there all the time, I cannot!

No comments: