Saturday, November 20, 2010

What can she do..........


So this is inspired by a newly found friendship...


If you have ever had a child that is TRULY behind in areas, you will relate. And I am not talking about the child who walked 'late' in terms of all of her peers. Or the child that did not say their first world until 2. I am talking about the child that when you go to the doctor, you cringe to go through the check list of items because you know it is pointless.


However, in life, it is not what we cannot do that makes an impact on the world around us. It is what we can do. It doesn't mean we don't long to be able to do other things. It isn't that we don't long for our children to achieve the things we dreamed of. But life at its fullest is about being able to do the things God has given us the ability to do, at the best we can do it. To take the gifts He has given us and to make them AMAZING!


So, let me share about my gift from God, Savannah Jane. And let me share what she CAN do:


She can smile so big that you see all of her teeth.

She can eat more mashed potatoes then her brother.

She can scream at me until she sees I have her milk, and then giggle until it is ready.

She can breath on her own at night, and I have never had to worry.

She can run, not walk to every destination she has!

She can find every tiny missing Lego and put it in her mouth for an hour and never swallow it!

She can sneak up the stairs without anyone knowing.

She can climb up on top of the piano and balance!

She can turn the pages of her sweet books.

She can say "Mamamamamamamamamamama" for what seems to be an hour at a time!

She can spin in a circle over and over without falling down.

She can chase me through the house and laugh so hard it makes me laugh!

She can swing for hours.

She can wear green like no ones business!

She can hold her own with the biggest of bows!

She can rip a hearing aid and throw it farther than any major league pitcher could!

She can take a day that others including her mother, may think is impossible to get through, and find happiness in the strangest places, only to remind us that is isn't about us at all...it is about what He has given us... little gifts that we can make AMAZING!


I love this girl!

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Williams said...

Thanks Julie. That was wonderful! She CAN make her Gigi VERY VERY VERY proud and happy cry a lot. I love Savannah so much. She is the sweetest little girl. I love how much Glenn adores her.

Jane Taylor said...

Savannah makes me smile with her smile and laughter. She makes me tired with her energy and running and climbing and her disappearing act. She makes me laugh when she has a jar of Vaseline. She makes me have happy tears. And she is the subject of many talks that I have with God. She has this Ninny's heart so wrapped up.

Becky said...

love it! :) love the post, love the girl, love the mama! :)

April Snethen said...

Beautiful Julie! What an awesome tribute!

Unknown said...

Wow! How inspiring. Savannah is blessed to have a mom who sees all the wonderful things she CAN do. I look forward to getting to know your sweet little red-head! -Sarah Thomas